musings of a simple man in a complicated world

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

the beginning..

...My Mom always said that I was a writer.  My wife says I should start a blog.  I'm going to give it a shot and see what comes of it.  I guess blogging is a little like Facebook, in that you get to write about any nonsense you feel like writing about, just on a "lonelier" level.  Who knows if anyone is even reading it?  Good and bad I suppose, but I'll try and limit the nonsense to the social network and keep it off of here.
...This is more of an experiment than anything else.  When I was young I always wondered why "old" people were so opinionated, and why they felt the need to bore everyone else in the world with their views.  Now that I'm older I find myself more inclined to talk about things in great detail that could quite possibly have bored a younger me to tears.  Now I have a place to put those things so that you can be bored to tears as well.  I have no predetermined course for this blog, and no thematic limitations.  It will be whatever it will be, piloted by my imaginations and focused ramblings.
...Let's see where this thing goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment