musings of a simple man in a complicated world

Friday, March 25, 2011

Harder than it looks...

I thought I'd be able to keep up with a blog.  It's simple, right?  Just like a journal.  Well, I never was any good at keeping journals.  I think the longest journal I ever kept was during my stay at a rehab facility.  I wasn't too keen on AA's ideas concerning the source of my power to change.  I knew that 12 steps were not enough to keep me going in the right direction, and that I have GOD, not a "higher power".  In that journal, I wrote letters to God every day.  I told Him about my failings, my shortcomings, my hangups and my hurts. It's easy to write when you can just bear it all without fear of rejection, humiliation or rebuttal.  God is a good listener huh.  I'm going to treat this blog in the same way, and just start writing things.  Who knows what will come out?  Especially since you can't do anything about it!  Ha, I kid.  Maybe I'll find a good entry from my old journal and share it.  Not many people know what I went through, or how messed up my thinking was during that time in my life.  Even I have to wonder sometimes.  Looking back, I feel so grown up now.  If I find something in there worth sharing, I'll share it... but for now, let us speak of new things.  After all, I am a new creation.  Let the blogging begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment