musings of a simple man in a complicated world

Saturday, March 26, 2011

work work work work work

Sometimes it seems like all I do is work.  I know there is a payoff somewhere down the road, but it sure is a long road.  I think I'm going to initiate a change in my schedule.  All of the things that don't really matter are going to be cut out so that I have more time for the things that do.  Starting Monday, you'll be seeing a lot less of me on the "social networks", I'm going to get back into getting up early and doing P90x, and I'm going to study more.  Since Michelle's birthday I have been feeling a little old.  She's not even 30 yet!  I feel like I've already let so much time go by, and a lot of that time was spent foolishly.  The founder of IKEA lives by the 10 minute rule.  He lives each day in ten minute increments, trying to invest as much as he can in each interval.  This means trimming the fat from the day.  The fat is the activities and actions that do not contribute to your healthy life such as TV, FACEBOOK, internet, etc.  I'm going to start trying to invest more in the time that God has given me.  You just don't know how much you have!  As a man, it is my lot in life to work.  There's no way around that, but the extra time I have is going to be spent a little more wisely from here on out.  If you catch me wasting time point me in the direction of this post for a refresher.  Time..... why would anyone really want to waste it?  In the end, all we have is time.  God gave us a specific number of days to spend on this earth, so live each minute of every one of them  for what they are; a precious gift not to be squandered or taken lightly.  Lord, have mercy on me for wasting so much time.
   That being said, I would not take back ANY of the things from my past.  It's those things, those moments, those decisions that helped to shape the person I am today.  It was a rough road filled with many trials, heartbreaks, setbacks and consequences, but each and every one left a lasting impact on my character.  God used those ugly things for good, taught me lessons and built me up like a phoenix repeatedly rising from the ashes to be something new.  I have a wonderful life, a beautiful wife, two amazing daughters and the best family and friends a person could ever wish for.  Proof that God really does make all things work together for the good of those who love Him.
                                    Now to get better......at everything.... and time to GET TO WORK.

No comments:

Post a Comment